Thursday, July 24, 2008

NewsNotes articles

As a way of book-marking my NewsNotes articles from this past year, I'm posting them here. The picture included is some art by a current Iraqi refugee; her family was visited by a former Maryknoll Lay Missioner with whom I've been in contact. The artist's caption is below the picture.

Nov/Dec 2007

  • Page 20 “Update on Torture”

March/April 2008

  • Page 9 “Iraq: U.S. withdrawal key to stability” (Maryknoll Leadership Statement on Iraq; I helped draft the 5th point in recommendations – on “Care of refugees”)

  • Page 13 “Women and Trafficking”


"They are waiting. Waiting and watching. What will come? Will it be better or worse? What will Bush do now in the Middle East? Will Iran be next?"

May/June 2008

  • Page 9 “Iraq: Refugees long to live, unable to work”

  • Page 22 “June is Torture Awareness Month”

July/Aug 2008

  • Page 22 “Torture: Movement in Supreme Court, Congress”

  • Page 23 “Blackwater Worldwide”

No comments: